Monday, November 20, 2006

WIGHTCARE - "HALLELUJAH !"

Not the sort of terminology I usually use, but that is how I feel today after the Council at last announced they are keeping Wightcare homecare services 'in house'. It took them 7 weeks to confirm what the Cabinet member had already told staff, but better late than never.

Of course they are continuing to undermine the role that Scrutiny had in this, now claiming that the antecedents to this decision originated back in March - surprise, surprise, before I became Scrutiny Chair. If that is the case why we weren't told that outsourcing was under review during numerous meetings between April and June......

Nonetheless, forget the politics, the right decision has been made. I am delighted, my committee knows the role it played, and so do staff, service users and their relatives.

No comments: