Tuesday, November 07, 2006

LOST AT NORTHWOOOD

Went to my first roadshow Cabinet tonight, which was announced by the Council leader as being in Northwood though we all knew we were in Northwood House - possibly the most inaccessible and inhospitable place they could have chosen for a November evening !

As ever, as soon as I was seen entering the room the 'I'm ignoring you' routine clicked into action ! Its now well over a month that I have been ignored by the Council leader - all because I object to being attacked over my lack of religious belief.

Anyway the Cabinet was tedium in the extreme. Papers went though 6:0 - Cllr Abraham presumably preparing for absences after his IW Fire Service martyrdom - with no questions other than the regular contribution from the member for Northwood - who then left presumably because he realised Northwood Village Management Committee don't meet in Northwood House....

The questions I had on their CPA Improvement Plan or JAR Action Plan are better left to a democratic forum like Full Council - where they will go next.

Oh, and there was a list of the 'family silver'.............wonder why ?

No comments: