Wednesday, November 29, 2006

THINKING TIME

Spent most of today delivering my quarterly Pan Newsletter - the 7th since I was elected; not had one where I live. I always get good feedback on it - even from those who may disagree with me - so it has to be one of the most important things I can do. Part of an effective communications strategy....

I could get this delivered by party comrades, but I prefer to do most of them myself as I get to chat to residents and have some thinking time. Got over half the ward done in one day, which is pretty good going. Better than being in County Hall especially on a nice day like today. Had a smashing chat with ex-Labour-councillor Tony Tiltman's father-in-law. Told me and anyone passing how, as a pensioner, he has never had it so good !

When not chatting got to thinking if there is a link between the current anti-Russian poisoning news story and the government's wish to renew Britain's nuclear deterrent. Government's always need an enemy when it comes to major defence expenditure....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is the news story really 'anti-Russian'? The man was Russian and was investigating Russian affairs. It's hardly surprising that the papers (and most other people) suspect a Russian connection.