Sunday, May 08, 2005

WELCOME

Well here I am - an elected member of the Isle of Wight Council from tomorrow, and wondering nervously what I have let myself in for ! Of course, I am pleased and a little humbled that the people of Pan have put their trust in me. I will try not to let them down.

I have now recovered from lack of sleep and am finding time to consider the specific things I want to try to do over the next four years. Communication with the people who have elected me is one area I am very committed to - hence this weblog. Naturally I will also use more traditional methods, such as regular newsletters and surgeries.

I plan to widely publicise this blog and update it most days to let people know what it is like being a Labour councillor in a newly dominated Conservative administration.

I hope it will be useful, and your emails and comments are very welcome. Just click on the word 'comments' below, or the email icon also below

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The webblog is a great idea. It could open the way to publicise some very interesting activities in the council. It could be a way for the electorate to pass ideas, concerns and support directly to you. Very democratic, open and the way to new labour supporters.