Friday, May 13, 2005

I'D RATHER BE IN PAN THAN COUNTY HALL

Went to the Isobel Centre this morning to meet with Pan Can people. Agreed that I will run my monthly surgery from there - 3rd Saturday of each month, between 11-12, starting 18 June. Opportunity for residents to consult with me and me to consult with them. They agreed to publicise on their noticeboard and in their future newsletters. Had a very useful exchange of ideas for the future

Finished off my first newsletter, which is more of a 'thank you' really. Newport Labour comrades will help me to get it out over next 2/3 weeks. Will return to our usual political style in late summer

Spent afternoon at County Hall being further inducted and clearing out the Labour Group room.

Agreed with Deborah that she will go on the new, single Scrutiny Committee for the first year and that I will do the Care, Health & Housing Policy Commission. We also have a place on the Regulatory Committee (Planning, etc), which we will sort out next week. I don't really want my hands tied on that committee with so much planned for Pan.........

At last the weekend.

No comments: