Tuesday, May 10, 2005

THE TIES THAT DIVIDE

Went back to work today and did a whole day, so not much to say, other than:

Was sent by a staff member a member/officer 'protocol' issued by the ruling group that tells staff they must NOT call me 'Geoff' and that I must wear a collar and tie at meetings. Predictably not very happy, especially since this has been issued to staff without me being aware. Sent off a stern email to the Leader, disassociating myself from it, for what good it will do me. Probably get reported to the Standards Committee ......Even the Prime Minister says 'call me Tony' !

Spent early evening at Downside Middle preparing new Headteacher advert, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The leader is clearly of the 'Thatcher' mould. If he gets that bossy he will need his 'handbag'. It is actually of some concern the way the leader is doing things. Maybe he is being enthusiastic or is it that he is a closet dictator.