Monday, May 30, 2005

OUT & ABOUT AGAIN

Spent much of the bank holiday weekend delivering my first newsletter around the ward. Quite a number of people stopped me to talk about various issues - traffic on Furrlongs, adoption of Buckbury Lane, parking on Manor Crescent, the Pan Village development plans. Seems clear to me that not many people want 800 homes on the development site. Seen as quite excessive. Advised them that I totally agree and that the new Council will be looking again at the 'masterplan'. A couple of people want a road bypass, which I am very ambivalent about - new roads lead to more traffic, which is the last thing we want in Newport.

I have written to Newport Area Forum who seem to be assuming that I will be part of it - though Parkhurst and Carisbrooke West's councillors aren't. Tony Coburn was starting to have reservations about the worth of it to Pan. Lets see what they say. They have to sell it to me !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There and I thought Pan was in Newport

Cllr. Geoff Lumley said...

It obviously is - and the Forum sold themselves to me ! This was nearly a year ago !!!!