Monday, May 12, 2008

RETURN OF THE 'CLASS WARRIOR'


Well I'm back from an excellent week walking in the Lake District, feeling well refreshed and quite contemplative. A quick glance at the blog comments shows me that the 'nasty Mr Anon' does not seem to have worked out that I was away, and that as ever there are always decent Tories around. A shame so many have to behave so boorishly.

The appalling national election results were compounded for me by the defeat of Ken in London, but as an LD said in the letters of the CP this week 'what comes around goes around'. By all means gloat over the national results Mr Nasty Anon, but PLEASE - if you are so confident for the local scene - let me know who you are so that I can do the same here on the Island in May next year. But of course you won't, preferring to skulk on my blog anonymously and parasitically.

Finally my spirits on the ferry trip home on Saturday were greatly lifted by the aforesaid LD's additional comments that I remain 'an inveterate class warrior'. Another sobriquet I am happy to live with !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on Geoff, Labour gloated when the Tories were defeated in 97, they pretended they had the answers! What we've had are some improvements but too much has been wasted, too many lies and too much personal boot filling, ( Tony and Sherie in particular.)

Labour deserves all it gets, too much power for too long corrupts.

As for the island Tories, they'll survive next time but 4 years later people will be ready for change. Glad you had a good break and remember, without comments your blog will die - or worse become boring. Even Tories like me know you're a good guy but you're in a minority, Labour, Lib or Tory.

Anonymous said...

Councillor Lumley,

You have had the advantage of a privileged education, why don't you use your brain?

Cllr. Geoff Lumley said...

I do my best, though obviously not to your satisfaction ! Though there was no privilege to my education - no Eton public school, Oxford's Bullingdon club, or such like ! Just hard work at state schools in always Labour-controlled Co. Durham and a maintenance grant system that allowed me to get to university. The only slight privilege was the lower number of university places compared to these days - another Labour success.

Anonymous said...

Labour success? Surely a good example of money wasted? Kids graduating in silly subjects - golf course management blah blah, you don't have to read the Daily Mail to know this, we've all got relatives who've done it!

These young people should have been on vocational training schemes working for long term employment. A 50% University target is daft. Labour has put our young people in serious debt - and most of them will never use their almost worthless degrees.

Anonymous said...

So Geoff, you now remove even the questions you dislike?

Shame, it was a good Blog but It's not for me if it's now only YOUR opinion that counts.

Anonymous said...

That's typical of Labour though. They know what's best and look how they've put it into action in the last 11 years. Everyone else's opinion is irrelevant no matter what party they support.