Wednesday, October 10, 2007

ON THE OTHER SIDE..........


I saw how another councillor operates tonight in my private capacity as resident. It was quite startling.

I went along to a meeting for my area called to finalise plans to close off a residential road to the rear of my house that has become an illegal rat-run. How this will be done is a little contentious to say the least and I take a minority view. Nonetheless I went to the meeting to say my piece and hopefully be listened to, but without much hope.

Sadly not only was I constantly interupted by my local councillor when trying to speak, but so were neighbours of mine who share my view. After a few attempts at speaking I just gave in and went home before the meeting ended.

I would be ashamed if I did that to a constituent at one of the meetings I have held, even more so if they held a minority view.

No comments: