Wednesday, October 03, 2007

ARROGANCE !


The arrogance of this Council seemingly knows no bounds.

Council Cabinet Member's can make policy decisions provided they firstly offer ordinary members - like me - the chance to comment on their proposals. Such a decision - about Wightcare's future - was yesterday published, giving me a week to comment.

Before I could even open the document we then received a Press Release from the Council telling us of the decision that was going to be made !!!!!!!! So much for the chance to comment.......

Of course when I checked on the constitutionality of this I received the usual, predictable exonerations of all things from the administration.

So I won't make any representations about the new policy for Wightcare even if I wanted to, because there is no point - the decision has effectively been made.

No comments: