Sunday, March 26, 2006

PAN BUS THREAT PETITION STARTS WITH A BANG

My petition against 50+ double-decker buses running daily through Pan estate from next Sunday got off with a bang on Saturday morning.

A party colleague and I collected over 150 signatures from local people in 2 hours outside Pan Stores, and at one point were visited by the Island's MP.

The response from my constituents was terrific on a damp, chilly morning, with only three people not wanting to sign-up. The petition is now available in Pan Stores until Tuesday evening and I hope to get at least 500 signatures by then.

Once I have that I can go to Southern Vectis and the Council leadership later next week with evidence that the Pan community does not want this many double-decker buses running through their residential estate. Hopefully they will both then see sense and keep this bus route on Staplers Road where it belongs.

No comments: