Wednesday, March 29, 2006

BUS PETITION PROGRESS

The Pan bus petition closed last night with almost 400 signatures in just 4 days (25% of Pan estate residents), of which 115 came from the 125 homes on Furrlongs. Pretty conclusive opposition then....

I will be submitting it to Southern Vectis on Friday and am making provisional arrangments for a public meeting with Southern Vectis so that local concerns can be voiced in a more impolite manner than I adopt. I have little doubt though that the first bus will turn into Furrlongs at 9am on Sunday morning, but we will keep the pressure on.

Its a pity that in all of this I have felt one particular Council service has been acting more as an agent of the bus company than as a service for the community. I will take that feeling further when I have a moment.......Not really what I expect of a Council claiming to listen to Islanders. Must remember to tell others with more clout than me that !

No comments: