Thursday, May 17, 2007

I WON’T BE A FIG LEAF FOR INDECENCY

Tonight I announced my resignation as Chair of Scrutiny, with effect from next Monday.

I have thought carefully over the last 3 weeks about this, but I have decided that I can no longer do a job that is fundamentally and disgracefully different from what I took on 14 months ago.

I was lied to by the Tories last year – now there’s a surprise – and I will not provide a fig leaf for their indecency. In the end they will lose out from my decision.

I am remaining on the Scrutiny Committee, free to do what I do best. Embarrass them !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to hear this Geoff. It seems like they have won - I hope that isn't the case but it certainly looks like it.

Cllr. Geoff Lumley said...

They won't. I am just going to movre to a different level and style of opposition.