Tuesday, September 19, 2006

WHERE ARE THE OTHER BLOGS ?

When I set up my blog 16 months ago I wanted to provide an online point of information and comment for - 1. my constituents; 2. other Islanders. I have always been very happy to see comments on my posts, I always try to respond to them, and I NEVER edit them. Of necessity the blog has been parochial as I don't want to become some intellectual ego massager, which would be irrelevant to the majority of my readers.

After 16 months I am still going, but what I find very sad is the absence of other political blogs on the Island. Where is the MP, where is the Tory Council leader, where are other senior Tory councillors ? Blogging is the future of political activity - as recognised by the national Tory Chairman the other evening - but here on the Island the local Tories are still caught up in lodge communications rather than the age of mass communications.

It would be good to see rivals, but I won't hold my breath. Secrecy is at the core of Conservatism.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve hearty congratulations on your proactive use of this blog. I've found it to be an immensely helpful window in to the world of the members - and the comments have been quite enlightening too.

Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

yes Geoff - I enjoy your blog too and find it informative.

As for why the Council leader doesn't blog? Well, you don't want the whole world knowing your secrets do you???