Wednesday, September 06, 2006

INTERNET BANDITS

No posts for the last week as my broadband internet service provider last Wednesday overnight decided to 'deprovide' me without any reason. So after 6 days of Kafkaesque call centre conversations I have told them to go forth and multiply, in the most polite terms! Eight years of using the same ISP counted for nothing to this company, who are the latest in a line of takeovers.

So I am now trying to get a new broadband provider (which seems to take at least 2 weeks) and either sneaking time on my partner's separate service or spending ridiculous amounts of time at County Hall - I was even in last Sunday afternoon. Such is being a slave to email.......

Call centres - the abomination of customer service in this country

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call Centres when done properly cam be really great! Our council has one and the general public have no problem with it! I am probably biased as I used to work in one, but it is the company not the call centre that is the problem!

Anonymous said...

I'm a member of the general public, and I DO have problem with the Council Call Centre!

It takes forever for the call to be answered; as I am calling agency to agency this is very frustrating.

I know who I need to talk to, in which dept - but have to tell a third party my name and business, and wait for them to input it into their database before they will try the line - why can't I just call a DDI to the desk fo the person I want to speak to?