Monday, June 02, 2008

ME?


I think I must have upset the CP columnist whose descriptions of me adorn this blog !

Her latest quote about me in her skit of last month's Full Council,

"a man who would argue with his own shadow if he felt there were any danger of peace breaking out"

may be true on occasions like Full Council, but isn't really me when there is work to be done for those I represent - in Pan or amongst Labour supporters at large.

Still its another quote for the t-shirt collection !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you do seem to enjoy a row with the Tories thou Geoff? And it's not always fair. I hear you say 'there are no guarantees standards will improve' over and over again. Weasel words maybe? Let's face it, the current system has proven not to work. We have failed our kids for years. If things don't change we'll keep failing more children. We cannot afford to be out of step with the rest of Britain, it's time to get on and change to two tier.

Cllr. Geoff Lumley said...

My profuse apologies. I'll try to be FAIRER to the 30 Tories at County Hall in future. I'm clearly just too combative for them. Maybe that is why they prefer to appoint Independents as their 'opposition'. Much more friendly.