Friday, November 02, 2007

IW AN ECO TRAILBLAZER ? WHAT RUBBISH !

I nearly choked on my breakfast today when I looked at my daily newspaper - The Guardian:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2007/nov/02/isleofwight

This of a local authority that one year ago was voting against wind turbines being located here. Half-decent research by this journalist would have uncovered that salient fact - and I will be making sure that this nonsense is corrected. Its enough to stop me reading the paper after 30 years !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, on the basis of the chief exec's musings in his blog, we are to be an eco-island. Despite the fact that no plans have been to council, that the ruling group seems not to have discussed it, and that there has been no public involvement or consultation.
It's incredible. But I might begin to believe it if all the new houses to be built on Pan are carbon neutral, with solar panels installed to help heat and power them. Any chance?

Anonymous said...

HOW ARE THEY GOING TO COLLECT THE COW SH1T IS ANOTHER GOOD QUESTION?

AND ANY CHANCE OF THE TIDAL ENERGY DAMS HAVING A PEDESTRIAN / CYLEWAY OVER THE TOP?

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE HORSE LANES - PRESUMABLY SIMILAR TO THE RED CARPET BUT ER, BROWN?

Cllr. Geoff Lumley said...

Robert - sorry for delayed response. My email account had decided you were spam! New homes in Pan are supposed to be environmentally friendly, so there may be some chance of what you ask.