Thursday, October 26, 2006

NOT WINNING FRIENDS & INFLUENCE....

I went along to the Board meeting of the new IW NHS Primary Care Trust today. I have never been to anything like this before and I found it very strange. No papers are published in advance of the day and on the day you still cannot access them on the Webpage. There is also no provision for public questions

I was interested to learn that the new Trust still has to recover from a £4.9m inherited deficit apart from eventually having to achieve a surplus of a further £3.7m. So things still aren't good on that front.

Most astonishing comment was from the new Chairman who asked the County Press jourmalist present if the press understood a discussion they had just had on MRSA incidents at St Mary's. Naturally the journalist - a very experienced one - was rather put out by this. I would have been too.

No comments: