Tuesday, June 16, 2009

NEW PLANS FOR PAN


I see the County Press has learnt that Miller Homes are no longer the agreed developer for the loooooooooooong proposed Pan development.

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/pan-blow-as-builder-pulls-out-26749.aspx

I must admit I assumed that they already knew, though given it took 11 weeks for me to find out by accident and then have it confirmed by the IW Council (back in late April) I guess the Council were keen to keep it quiet.

Still they are now pulling out all the stops to try and get everything back on track by seeking planning consent that then MAY lever in the necessary government funding for £11m initial infrastructure costs, that I understand Miller Homes were reluctant to commit to after the economic downturn. They can then advertise for a new developer.

An April start next year has been talked about. The third different April start date since I was first elected as the local councillor in 2005..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonder why they kept that quiet? Nothing to do with the election I suppose, nah, I'm being cynical. The communications team were obviously just busy eh Geoff? Or perhaps it slipped their minds..