Sunday, November 16, 2008

FROM LION TO LAMB ?


Although I try not to respond to anonymous comments on this blog, one or two recent ones about me 'turning into a lamb' and' retreating into a corner' in recent times merit a response.

For fans and foes alike I will admit that I have not been as combative over the last 6 months or so about the disgrace that is this Tory IW Council leadership. For three years I hammered away at the IWC administration, but I have felt increasingly that the post-Sept 07 regime was not worth the effort, given their undemocratic tendencies and their foot on the throat of much of the local media (with some very notable exceptions).

Instead I have been focussing my energies on my ward and on Newport as a whole, rather than tilt Don Quixote-like at the arrogant asylum.

However, just because I am not as visible as I once was does not mean that I have given up. Far from it. There are more ways to skin a cat....................

As Arnie said - I will back !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a bit more like it, bring it on and know that you are not alone in your fight against the forces of darkness.

What we need is a visible Geoff Lumley, it makes us all feel safer.
Not too happy about the reference to cat skinning though, it's offensive to cat lovers and cats.

Anonymous said...

I certainly do hope you will be back Geoff, we need you.
At the moment it certainly 'looks' like they have marginalised the only real opposition.

Anonymous said...

We do need you Geoff, and I'm a Tory!
The gagging of ventnorblog is a disgrace. Who the hell do IWC think they are?

Are 'notable exceptions' the IWRadio? The County Press seem critical to me, mind you they should be doing a lot more.

Someone on IWC should be attacking this shambles, someone on the Tory side should be plotting the removal of DP before the election.

Next Gig said...

We need you Geoff, very much at the mo. Re post above : real Torys must be sick of Pugh and his actions. As a non Tory I welcome Pugh as I feel if the "opposition" get their act together he could be their greatest gift. Pugh seems to be arrogant, self obsessed and drunk with power. However take care, the term “baby faced assassin” sums him up beautifully. He is also cunning, deceptive and is probably hoping that apathy and the blue rinse brigade will assure re election. Keep on the case Cllr Lumley, you are a thorn in his side, no bad thing ;-) There is a section of the public who would vote for a strategically shaved gibbon if it had the right coloured rosette on it. When I think of Pugh I always have the words of poet Roger McGough ringing in my ears:

The Leader

I wanna be the leader
I wanna be the leader
Can I be the leader?
Can I? Can I?
Promise? Promise?
Yippee I’m the Leader
I’m the leader


Ok what shall we do?

Anonymous said...

Like a lamb to the slaughter more like - or was it lions led by donkeys? In my view, any animal analogies always come unstuck, so let's stick to what we know....

2 legs bad, 4 legs good

Anonymous said...

Terminator 6?