Friday, December 29, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Well that is a full year of blogging completed and with 168 posts from me that makes it one post every two days.

I also had 13,200 blog 'page hits over the year' - thats 36 average per day; and 2,705 new visitors to add to the 2,443 I had at the start of the year = 5,148 different visitors over the year. I suppose I am providing some sort of service.....

Reflecting on the year - last year at this time I was the best thing since sliced bread as the Council leadership were keen for me to become their third opposition Chair of Scrutiny. Of course I took it on in April and am still in post nine months later. However, for how much longer is questionable given their realisation that I am true to my politics and anything but a poodle ! If I make it to the Council's Annual Meeting in April 2007 I will be surprised. Whatever happens I will continue to provide real opposition to this intransigent administration.

I have continued to fight for Pan at every possible opportunity, never putting any other Council role ahead of the people I represent. I am sure that Pan will be a better neighbourhood to live in by the end of my term in 28 months time.

Nationally we are seeing the unnecessarily, long-drawn out retirement of the Labour leader and the temporary boost in Tory fortunes. However, I am confident of a Labour fourth term as the British people vote very practically and a majority of the British people know they are better off with Labour.

Well thats the end of this post. A very Happy New Year to all my readers. Please pass on my blog address as widely across the Island as you can, and please use the anonymous comment facility as frequently as you like. It makes me feel my labours are worthwhile !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are certainly doing an effective job Geoff, and I hope you can keep it. But you must be disheartened at the national picture. I know a few Pan residents and none of them are pleased with your leader's free holidays in the sun while the slaughter continues in the Middle East and our soldiers continue to die.