Thursday, July 27, 2006

TOO BUSY TO POST

The last week has been very busy, leading to less posts than usual.

I spent the weekend on a Chair of Scrutiny training course at Warwick Univ., which mainly consisted of me arguing with LibDem councillors about the role of an opposition Chair. The course was not very good and took a weekend out of my life. I have significant doubts about the agency that organises all the councillor training.

I have also been involved in the appointment of the new Director of Adult & Community Services, which was concluded last evening. Interesting that one of the candidates spent time reading this blog ! As they say, it is sometimes the only way to find out what is going on.........

Tonight is the Scrutiny Committee, for which I have to do a massive amount of preparation as the agenda is packed with public interest issues........

No comments: