Saturday, May 20, 2006

TORIES FOIST ONE OF THEIRS ON ME AS SCRUTINY VICE CHAIR

Seemingly because of critical comments about their budget on this blog and in Labour campaign literature, and perhaps because the CPA inspectors have now disappeared for a while, I have now had the Tories on the Scrutiny Committee foisting one of their own unelected co-optees on to me as Vice Chair.

Despite assurances when the CPA inspectors were here that the opposition members on the committee would be able to elect their own Vice Chair - someone to help me with the Chair's job - last Thursday the Tory members outvoted the opposition choice in favour of their own co-optee. So much for 'opposition control', but I will make sure this this change in approach is made known.

Perhaps they will now get rid of me as Chair at next week's Annual Council ? That would be their best step if they are feeling so defensive, because I can assure them that they haven't seen any real criticism yet !

No comments: