Monday, May 15, 2006

KEEPING ON KEEPING ON....

I'm aware that my blog has been a little unexciting lately, but there has been little to say that is particularly noteworthy and something I can report...

Last week saw the CPA inspection conclude, with the report due out in August. The inspectors have probably fallen for all the flannel, such is the return anyone would expect from all the resources thrown at the inspection over the last few months.

This week sees my second Scrutiny Committee as Chair - equaling the record for a Chair of this committee, but in only 2 months - not the 5 months my predecessor had ! We have Cllr Cousins coming along to answer questions on the proposed Wightcare privatisation, which will be an interesting session. I then have to draw the enquiry to a conclusion by 26 May. We also have the Council Leader along to tell us what happened to the 'strategic partnering' business case.

The meeting is at 4pm - yes 4pm, irony of ironies - as someone saw fit to organise an 'end of term' dinner for the Council Chairman that evening without checking the Council calendar. Talk about 'silo' working ! It wouldn't have affected me, but some of the committee wanted to show their regard for the Chairman. So we got an 'exceptional circumstances' time change. Of course this will mean there are less ordinary people there to observe the meeting.

No comments: