Friday, August 12, 2005

UNHEALTHY BUSINESS contd....

Looks like next Tuesday's Care & Health Scrutiny Commission is going to be very interesting - starts 6pm at County Hall. County Press is full of articles and letters criticising the financial recovery plans announced by the local NHS Trusts 2 weeks ago. Our Tory MP is, as usual, putting himself about on a populist issue. That's how he increased his majority. Of course I am a full member of this Commission, so will have plenty of opportunity to state the obvious - the local health managers couldn't run a booze-up up in a brewery. With record levels of health funding from government, what on earth are they doing ? And the Council Tories want to be integrated with them........almost beyond belief. I thought they were all 'business' minded ? Perhaps in Gate Gourmet !

Have found myself on the organising committee for a 2006 Pan in Bloom competition. Of course it is an excellent community initiative, but there is a certain irony in my involvement.......I can't
tell a weed from a flower !

After Tuesday I am going to be taking a couple of week's break. I will still keep the few pre-booked engagements I have, but apart from that I am going to have a rest. Consequently there may be no posts here until September. Enjoy the rest of the summer.....

No comments: