Thursday, August 04, 2005

INTERESTING ? CENSORING ? IMPROVING?

The Newport Business Forum (editor) has described me as ' the most interesting' of Newport's councillors in their weekly web updates ? Don't know whether to be flattered or wary!

They also wonder why third-party comments to my posts on this blog are not displayed and suggests that I may be 'monitoring' them - for which read censoring. Well I'm no expert in information technology (just someone not afraid to try things in an attempt to make good communication central to what I do) , but when I click 'comments' under each of my blog posts I can read them (where they exist) and friends tell me they can too. I can assure everyone who may look at this blog - and it is publicised in my ward newsletters, on my headed paper, and on my official Council webpage - that nothing will ever be censored, unless really offensive to readers. What I am more concerned about is increasing awareness of my site, so that all can participate. So thanks to NBP for the plug anyway ! Hope to see more comment soon......

Finally last night the Policy Commission for Children & School Results agreed to recommend to the Cabinet the delayed School Improvement Programme, for implementation from 1st September. This was promised by the new administration to address widespread concerns about student attainment in IW schools - which the last Council was going to address by abolishing middle schools. The programme that has been agreed is entirely practical and they do seem to have listened to various interested parties. The actual delivery of the programme is what needs to be watched now. I will certainly do that........

No comments: