Thursday, November 18, 2010

A SHORT EVENING

The latest Full Council prompts me to my blog for what seems now to be a monthly post. I must try harder ! Just so much on....

Anyway as I said Full Council last night. As I had decided to give myself my first break for 18 months from submitting a Motion the agenda was very brief. An uncontentious change to financial standing orders and then questions of Cabinet members. These were taken full advantage of primarily by the usual suspects - myself, Barry, Howe, Welsford....

From my questions we learnt that the Council leadership strongly opposes domestic violence whilst not being prepared to properly support the IW Womens Refuge - hypocrites ! I also secured commitments for maximum HR support for Council staff who end up being made redundant in the next few months. And councillors may get the opportunity to ask NHS Trust people why the IW volunteered to be a pilot for issuing contraceptives for 13 year olds.

We then finished at 7.25pm and we all headed home - no free Xmas drink/buffet with the Chairman this year for the rest of them. Recognition of hard times........

No comments: