Monday, May 31, 2010

AT LAST, ELECTIONS OVER !


Another week passes before I get around to posting again. All these elections get in the way. Hopefully we will now have a break for at least a couple of months.....

I was very disappointed that we couldn't manage to squeeze the LibDems enough in the Ryde South by-election to get Deborah Gardiner back on the IW Council. Still it was a good performance and we saw the LD drop from first to 3rd as the Tories secured another group member. Onwards on my own for a little longer......

Yesterday's and today's national media are increasingly sickening as they all bemoan the loss of the LibDem expenses fiddler who had to resign from the Cabinet after just 18 days. The holier than thou attitude of Clegg prior to the election (where his party came third) is now clearly to be seen as total hypocrisy. When the expenses scandal first arose the Liberals weren't really looked at that closely. Now they will be and I anticipate further revelations.

Finally elections to Newport Parish Council saw my partner Mary re-elected to join me and two other Labour supporters as a continuing influential bloc in all Newport matters. I won't be Chair from 14 June due to standing orders restrictions to a two-year term, but I am sure we will have a responsible successor. Not one who would fritter money on palatial parish offices......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears you weren't the only one disappointed to see another Tory yes man enter the camp.
As usual drop the pretence as soon as elected and tow the party line.

Cllr Gary Taylor

Anonymous said...

Bye the bye Geoff, sorry for posting a link to a blacklisted "known associate" member oft he electorate on your blog. I hope you don't get told off by the Monitoring officer or the CEO, one of whom I would imagine must have had to authorise this blacklisting.
Obviously you wouldn't be allowed to communicate directly with the blacklisted individual but if you would like me to act as a go between I would be happy to pass on any information you might be able to obtain as to who authorised this. The person involved is conveniently unable to establish this as he is blacklisted, he is also not allowed to contact councillors and his own representative Gary Taylor is about as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest, and apparently the council have also blacklisted his FOI requests, a practice which I believe is unlawful.
Did your father/grandfather fight in WW2 in order to secure our freedoms Geoff?

Mine did, and somehow I don't think this is quite what he had in mind.