Saturday, April 24, 2010

WATCHING PAINT DRY


Three days later and I can just about bother to write a very brief personal viewpoint of this month's Full Council.

Sadly, what appears to be a deliberate strategy of emasculating Council meetings over the last two years, came to its natural conclusion with a meeting that was so sterile and tedious it was entirely pointless.

Thanks to a ridiculously narrow interpretation of guidelines for Council's during election periods we were unable to discuss anything potentially controversial.

Of course the Council Leader tried to interpret the rules to his advantage, but I had to slap that down rapidly. One rule for all, not just for me !

An old observer of Council meetings said to me afterwards how changed it was from the days pre-2005, when Council meetings prior to a General Election were 'pretty fiery affairs'. Sadly I can't say who it was.

What happened in 2005 ? Well the Tories were elected of course..........

No comments: