Saturday, March 27, 2010

ROTWEILER SAYS NO TO MAYORS !


The last week or so I have been reflecting on the depths to which the IW Council leadership will sink, but have refrained from commenting here whilst others comment elsewhere.

One thing that made me laugh to night was the suggestion on another blog that we should look at having a Mayor for the Island again and that I would be a good candidate...............

As a reminder, I organised the successful 'No Mayor' campaign back in 2005 and I have not changed my views one iota. Just because we have a rubbish Council Leader doesn't mean that we wouldn't get a rubbish Mayor. And the latter are a lot harder to shift during their term of office than a Council Leader.

So any future referendum for a Mayor will be met by the same implacable opposition.

No comments: