Friday, November 13, 2009

JOBS AXE HANGS OVER COUNTY HALL - AGAIN


I was quoted in the CP today on the Council job cuts front page story. For the record the full quote I gave them was,

"Perhaps if the ruling Tories had paid more attention to our last three below inflation alternative Budgets they would be in less of a mess, with more money in Reserves to soften the blows of this economic downturn.

However, they chose to increase Council Tax by more than we would have over the last two years and have frittered away the Reserves they inherited back in 2005.


There is no doubt that the next few years are going to be tough, but with a sensible budgetary strategy we could get through it without having to devastate family incomes or frontline public services. Once again I will be compiling an alternative Budget for next year and I hope that the ruling Group might just listen to me this time."


I think what I said at the end was important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the missing £3 million from Government would take away the need for any reduction in staff Geoff?