Wednesday, September 16, 2009

STILL TRYING TO HELP.....


I had a break last week, after a week when I had all the symptoms of swine flu and was coughing like a chain smoker ! Of course I gave up 3.5 years ago - and have never felt worse sometimes......

Anyway I had some good news today when I learnt that Ed Miliband (right) has agreed to meet the IW Council leadership to talk about the Vestas closure, alternative renewable energy strategies for the Isle of Wight, and alternative employment opportunities. This in reponse to their helpful letter to him last month - itself a response to the Council motion on Vestas that I initiated at the end of July. It is likely they will ask me along as well.

I have been badgering Miliband's office for a positive response to the meeting request for a few weeks now. Hopefully this will now do the Island some good.

No comments: