Tuesday, August 28, 2007

UNSIGNED COUNTRYSIDE


Spent the weekend in the Island's countryside in our small motorhome, as the by-election plans are going so well and we really don't want to be harassing Newport North residents like the other parties.

We did some extensive walking with our dogs - in the Shorwell and Brighstone area on this occasion. What strikes me is how difficult it is sometimes to get around due to the absence of signposting. Try following a footpath into Shorwell and you will see what I mean. I'm not asking for anything like the photo - far from it. Just some idea of where you are supposed to go ! Not a lot to ask .....

1 comment:

Macnab said...

Putting signs up is not an easy process and if it cost £265 for each application (as I believe is the case)I doubt the Parish Council can afford it. Just another example of bureacracy gone mad!