Sunday, February 11, 2007

MISSING

Apologies to my regular readers, but things last week seemed to get in the way of me posting. They'll be calling me Joe D* next !

Anyway the 'highlights' of last week were:

* Meeting with Ash Rd residents and the Police and Safer Communites on Monday to talk about the anti-social behaviour in Coppins Bridge car park

* Missed Cabinet on Tuesday as I had a school governors meeting. They then sneaked through a public consultation on their plans for 14-19 Education that will last about 3 weeks ! However, I am hopeful that the possibility of a scrutiny call-in on that will secure a sensible consultation period;

* Was invited at the last minute to make a speech at the IW Law Centre AGM on Wednesday, which I think went down well. An excellent voluntary sector service that I am proud to associate myself with;

* Did Extra Extra on Solent TV again ,which I really enjoyed. LibDem baiting is my favourite sport. They are such an easy target after the last 10 years of failure here;

* PNP board meeting on Thursday, which is always enjoyable and is becoming in the main an increasingly stretegic body.

No comments: