Tuesday, June 21, 2005

NEWPORT AREA FORUM

Attended my first Newport Area Forum last night, as a full voting 'core member'. The Forum is one of many across the IW set up under the Community Partnership initiatives. Consists of 6 of the 8 Newport & Carisbrooke IW Councillors (Parkhurst and Carisbrooke West have opted out), and reps. from business and the voluntary and community sectors. It is a sort of informal town council committed to improving the Newport /Carisbrooke area, with an annual budget from the IW Council of about £15k - £20k if all 8 Councillors were involved. I had some doubts about being involved myself as there is so much more happening on Pan through the neighbourhood partnership monies, but after listening to its purpose and plans I have decided to stay on board. I will now seek suggestions from Pan residents as to what they would like from the Forum

No comments: